Tag Archives: 1992

Cabo San Lucas Views 1989 to 1995

Aerial and scenic views of Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, from 1989 to 1995.

 

Bahia Hotel

This hotel is now Bahia Hotel & Beach Club.
Bahia Hotel & Beach Club – www.bahiacabo.mx

Bahia Hotel Cabo San Lucas, May 2004.
Bahia Hotel Cabo San Lucas, May 2004.

From left: Photo from February 1992 showing Bahia Condo Hotel overlooking Medano Beach, Cabo San Lucas. Photo Joseph A. Tyson, Bahia Hotel and Medano Beach, 1993 Cabo San Lucas. Photo © Joseph A. Tyson

bahia-hotel-original-location-cabo-1960s-r2The original circa 1960’s site of the the Bahia Hotel This is the former residence of fisherman Oscar Montaño Herrera circa 1960. Known as Don Yoka, he was a pioneer of Los Cabos’ coastal fisheries. More than a quarter century ago, Don Juan Esquivel built one of the first hotels on Medano Beach, circa mid 1980’s, on the site that originally belonged to Don Yoka.
Photo courtesy Bahia Hotel & Beach Club – www.bahiacabo.mx

Medano Beach Cabo San Lucas

This series of images date from 1951 to 2012.

Medano Beach, Playa el Médano, Cabo San Lucas, 1951. Photo by Howard E. Gulick
Medano Beach, Playa el Médano, Cabo San Lucas, 1951. Photo by Howard E. Gulick

 

Cabo San Lucas Harbor. Baja Pony Express: PICTURE OF THE DAY sent in by Bill and Kay Barbour - dated on reverse 1966.
Cabo San Lucas Harbor. Baja Pony Express: PICTURE OF THE DAY sent in by Bill and Kay Barbour – dated on reverse 1966.

 

Playa el Médano Cabo San Lucas. Photo taken February 1990.
Playa el Médano Cabo San Lucas. Photo taken February 1990.

 

view-cabo-bay-medano-beach-1993-2
Medano Beach, Playa el Médano, Cabo San Lucas, Photo February 1993.

 

Playa el Médano, Bahia Hotel, February 1992 • Joseph A. Tyson
Playa el Médano, Bahia Hotel, February 1992 • Joseph A. Tyson

 

Medano Beach, Playa el Médano, Cabo San Lucas • © Joseph A. Tyson Photo July 1991.
Medano Beach, Playa el Médano, Cabo San Lucas • © Joseph A. Tyson Photo July 1991.

 

Medano Beach, Playa el Médano, Cabo San Lucas. Photo September 8, 2012, Joseph A. Tyson
Medano Beach, Playa el Médano, Cabo San Lucas. Photo September 8, 2012, Joseph A. Tyson

Hotel Twin Dolphin

The Hotel Twin Dolphin opened  during 1977.
It sat on part of 160 acres on a secluded beach adjacent to Bahâ Santa Maria. The Hotel was named after the family yacht of its developer, Texas oilman David J. Halliburton Sr. The hotel was closed around 2006  and the buildings were demolished.

Hotel Twin Dolphin 1989 - Situated on the Tourist Corridor, Cabo San Lucas © Joseph A. Tyson • OldCabo.com
Hotel Twin Dolphin 1989 – Situated on the
Tourist Corridor, Cabo San Lucas © Joseph A. Tyson • OldCabo.com

 

twin-dolphin-cabo-san-lucas-lopez-92-2
Hotel Twin Dolphin, Cabo San Lucas, c. 1992
The above image was used for a Los Cabos post card for many years.

 

twin-dolphin-beach-cabo-2006-31512
Twin Dolphin Beach 2006. Photo by Joseph Tyson

Twin Dolphin Beach was named for the hotel nearby that was closed in 2006. This beach is correctly named Playa Las Viudas or Widows Beach.

hotel-twin-dolphin-1993-1512-1
Hotel Twin Dolphin 1993

 

twin-dolphin-cabo-feb-2006
Screen capture of hotel web page from February 2006.

Screen Shot 2015-06-06 at 4.05.34 PMScreen Shot 2015-06-06 at 4.05.19 PMText from Baja Legends: The Historic Characters, Events, and Locations That Put Baja California on the Map (Sunbelt Cultural Heritage Books) Paperback – November 1, 2014
by Greg Niemann