The Hotel Twin Dolphin opened during 1977.
It sat on part of 160 acres on a secluded beach adjacent to Bahâ Santa Maria. The Hotel was named after the family yacht of its developer, Texas oilman David J. Halliburton Sr. The hotel was closed around 2006 and the buildings were demolished.
Twin Dolphin Beach was named for the hotel nearby that was closed in 2006. This beach is correctly named Playa Las Viudas or Widows Beach.
Text from Baja Legends: The Historic Characters, Events, and Locations That Put Baja California on the Map (Sunbelt Cultural Heritage Books) Paperback – November 1, 2014
by Greg Niemann
The Cape – The Gray Friars, Cabo San Lucas at sunrise. Gulf of California Expedition aboard the R/V E.W. Scripps, 1939
Creator • Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Creation Date • 1939
Location Of Originals
This digital image is a surrogate of an item from the Roger Randall Dougan Revelle Papers, 1928-1979
National Science Digital Library – Scripps Institution of Oceanography Explorer http://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb3243394x