Hotel Twin Dolphin

hotel-twin-dolphin-1993-1512-1

The Hotel Twin Dolphin opened  during 1977.
It sat on part of 160 acres on a secluded beach adjacent to Bahâ Santa Maria. The Hotel was named after the family yacht of its developer, Texas oilman David J. Halliburton Sr. The hotel was closed around 2006  and the buildings were demolished.

Hotel Twin Dolphin 1989 - Situated on the Tourist Corridor, Cabo San Lucas © Joseph A. Tyson • OldCabo.com
Hotel Twin Dolphin 1989 – Situated on the
Tourist Corridor, Cabo San Lucas © Joseph A. Tyson • OldCabo.com

 

twin-dolphin-cabo-san-lucas-lopez-92-2
Hotel Twin Dolphin, Cabo San Lucas, c. 1992
The above image was used for a Los Cabos post card for many years.

 

twin-dolphin-beach-cabo-2006-31512
Twin Dolphin Beach 2006. Photo by Joseph Tyson

Twin Dolphin Beach was named for the hotel nearby that was closed in 2006. This beach is correctly named Playa Las Viudas or Widows Beach.

hotel-twin-dolphin-1993-1512-1
Hotel Twin Dolphin 1993

 

twin-dolphin-cabo-feb-2006
Screen capture of hotel web page from February 2006.

Screen Shot 2015-06-06 at 4.05.34 PMScreen Shot 2015-06-06 at 4.05.19 PMText from Baja Legends: The Historic Characters, Events, and Locations That Put Baja California on the Map (Sunbelt Cultural Heritage Books) Paperback – November 1, 2014
by Greg Niemann